Lands Cabinet Secretary Charity Ngilu and Nairobi Governor Evans Kidero have been sensationally named in a land grabbing scandal involving a plot near State House, Nairobi, worth an estimated Sh600 million.The two top officials are named in court documents filed on Friday that have shone a light on operations of land grabbing cartels in the country and bring out an alleged unholy alliance between politicians, lawyers and crooks who prowl government offices looking for quick riches.The court documents claim Mrs Ngilu and Mr Kidero colluded with lawyers and fraudsters to take away the two-acre prime piece of land that is being claimed by Myta Development Limited, a firm owned by Mr Hailu Asfaw, an Ethiopian national.Myta has sued Mrs Ngilu, the Chief Land Registrar and Director of Survey to recover the property in the State House area.The shocking and elaborate scheme, peppered with death threats and what appears to be outright forgery of documents, has been revealed by one of the key players who decided to blow the whistle after he was duped and sidelined.Mr Dave Kipkorir Langat claims to have sold his car, land and tractors to finance Mr Julius Kiplangat Kitur, who claimed to own the plot but lacked money to process a title deed. He was promised a handsome return of 20 per cent of the sale price.Mrs Ngilu, Mr Kidero and others accused of high-level conspiracy to forcefully take over the land have not responded to the accusations laid out in suit papers filed by the law firm of Ahmednasir, Abdikadir and Company Advocates.According to the documents, in January, at the height of the demonstration by Lang’ata Road Primary School pupils over an alleged grabbed playground, Mrs Ngilu invaded the land near State House claiming it belonged to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. She stationed people wearing National Youth Service uniform to guard the property.The minister returned the following day with a private contractor who took over the property and, within hours, delivered building materials to the site, court documents state.In an affidavit, Mr Langat says that Mr Kidero was invited to the deal by Mr Kitur, the alleged owner.Subsequently, Mr Kidero brought in his lawyer, Mr Tom Onyango, and Mrs Ngilu who agreed to “clean the title deed” before buying the land. But when the “cleaning” process was done, Mr Langat was kicked out of the deal.According to the affidavit, the fraudulent scheme started way back in 2009.“Sometimes in April 2009, Kitur who had been known to me informed me that he had been given land when he worked as a driver with powerful individuals in the Moi government. He informed me that due to lack of funds he was not able to process the title deed,” says Mr Langat who was then based in Kericho.Mr Onyango later confirmed that he had written a letter to Mr Mbaria and Ms Mwenda who had agreed to “alter the documents”.“It was mutually agreed that Mr Mbaria will alter survey records and Sara Mwenda will alter records held at Ardhi House. Mr Mbaluka and Mr Khalifa helped create a deed file and other documentations,” says Mr Langat in the affidavit.The deal between Mr Kidero and Mrs Ngilu entailed forcibly evicting the owner from his property using City Council askaris and NYS personnel.Mr Langat says he became uncomfortable when new documents including receipts were manufactured with old dates in the name of Mr Kitur.Mr Langat says that after the paper work was done, Mr Kitur, Mr Khalifa and Mr Onyango vanished into thin air. “Mr Kitur moved house to Mr Haji Khalifa’s home, where he is now employed as a driver for Mr Ismael Ibrahim. Mr Haji Khalifa is the father to Abbas Khalifa.”The deal went sour as the group threatened to arrest Mr Langat if he blew the whistle.